1. Are Polident/Poligrip/Corega the same products?
Polident, Poligrip and Corega are different names for the denture fixative & cleanser product range sold by GSK in different countries. In India, GSK has introduced Polident as a denture fixative offering
1. How do I use Polident denture fixative?
- Clean and dry your dentures
- Apply Polident fixative as directed on pack in short strips not too close to the denture edges
- Rinse mouth before inserting dentures
- Press dentures into place, hold firmly and bite down for a few seconds to secure
- When using for the first time, apply a small amount of fixative. It may take a few attempts to find the right amount for your denture. Wait several minutes before eating or drinking. Always follow the instructions on the pack.
2. Can I use denture fixatives regularly?
Polident denture fixatives has a long established efficacy profile when used according to label directions. Millions of people regularly use GSK fixatives which is generally well tolerated when used as directed. Consumers are advised to visit their dentist regularly to ensure correct denture fit.
3. Is there a limit to the amount of denture fixative that I can use in a day?
You should always follow label use instructions and use the smallest amount necessary to get the desired benefit. Applied once a day as per usage instructions it has been proven to provide all day hold.*
4. What would happen if I ingest some of the fixative?
Swallowing small amounts of this product, when used as directed, may occur and is not known to be harmful. Denture fixative is generally well tolerated and has a long established safety profile. GSK employs a routine, pro-active process for identifying safety signals and always recommends using the product as instructed.
Ingestion of large amount of denture fixative should be avoided. We always recommend using any GSK product as described in the product label.
5. Why do I sometimes experience oozing when using Polident denture fixative?
6. How long does Polident denture fixative hold?
7. How do Polident denture fixatives work?
8. How does Polident denture fixative seal out food?
9. How do I remove the fixative from my mouth and dentures?
You should swish your mouth with warm water and then take the dentures out slowly using rocking motions.
To remove fixative residue from dentures, soak in a denture cleanser as per label instructions and brush any remaining fixative from the denture.
To remove fixative residue from the mouth, brush the roof of the mouth and gums with a toothbrush, and warm water.
10. Can polident be used by a pregnant women?
There is no evidence to suggest safety issues following the use of GSK denture fixatives during pregnancy. We recommend you to consult your dentist.
11. Does Polident denture fixative cream contain zinc?
Polident denture fixative doesn't contain zinc.
*12 hour is considered equivalent to all day
1. Norman, R.D., ‘Evaluation of the retentive properties of a Gantrez cream adhesive (formula 097-792), Gantrez cream pump adhesive formula (097-951) and current Super Poligrip’, GSK study 143(1988).
2. Norman, R.D., ‘Efficacy study of a denture adhesive to reduce denture dislodgement while eating corn on the cob or apples’, GSK study 406(1990).
3. Psikallis et. al, Journal of Prosthodontics (2004), 13(4), pp. 240-250